Ranathambore Tiger Safari - My Secret Destination!!

"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware." - Martin Buber


A beautiful quote which I believed in after my trip to Rajasthan in December'14.It was a trip which I was not much interested to be in! But fate gets you to the right place at the right time.
Ranthambore – is known for its tiger safari. Although not much interested in animals, this safari was to be witnessed, as people said. And this safari really turned out to be a lifetime experience!! We had two safaris at two different times. But the most memorable was the early morning one!!
Pond in the sanctuary
Going for safari in the chilled morning, temperature almost 6 degrees! Everyone wearing every possible warm wear to avoid the cold.......but sitting in an open cantor!! The chilling weather made me question myself, “kya jaroorat thi itni subah 5 baje uthkar itni thandi mein TIGER dekhne jane ki!!” But then as time proceeded and as we went through the way to jungle, the environment became pleasing! Beautiful peacocks on the roadside, deer, monkeys made our journey quiet interesting. Varieties of birds, chirping sounds all around made the atmosphere simply awesome. The peace on the way was quiet appealing!! And then we reached a site from where we could see what we were here for, to watch The National Animal - TIGER, not in the cages as we have seen till now but in an open jungle!! We saw 2 Tigers and 2 small cubs!! One tiger (may be tigress) was protecting its prey - a deer, from crows; the other was eating it. The small cubs were busy playing with each other, no fear of what is happening around; may be because the 2 Tigers were there. Seeing them I thought there's no difference between human and animals.....we also play with our siblings, enjoy life and are tension free because we know that our parents are there to take care of us!! Also the playing tigers reminded me of my fights with my brother! :D   Then back to the site from my thoughts, all were busy taking photos of the tiger, peeping in between,


bending, shifting people just to get the best clicks they could of the tigers. All wanted to get the best possible view.....but I enjoyed watching them through my natural lenses - eyes!! That moment made me feel that animals are not that bad, they can be beautiful if they are not harmed.
This safari surely changed my view towards animals and also showed their beauty in their natural habitat. Nature was at its best that day!! :D
Tiger with its prey

Chilled morning in the jungle




Comments

You may like these...

TRUST

Activity - based Learning

College to Corporate